A watermelon smoothie is perfect for a summer morning or a snack. It’s so simple to make, refreshing, and satisfying. This easy smoothie recipe offers more than just good sips.
Watermelon is a sweet and refreshing low-calorie summer snack. It provides hydration and also essential nutrients, including vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. The addition of strawberries will provide more antioxidants and fiber.
Before we move to the steps, let me tell you the tools/equipment and ingredients you will use.
- 3 cups Frozen Watermelon Cubes
- 1 Cup Frozen Strawberry
- ½ Tablespoon Honey or to taste
- 1 Teaspoon Chia Seeds
- ½ Cup Vanilla Yogurt
- ½ Tablespoon Lime Juice
Make sure you have the following equipment before you start making the watermelon smoothie:
- High-Powered Blender
- Measuring Spoons/Cups
- Kitchen Knife
Steps to make Watermelon Smoothie:
- Since both the watermelon and the strawberries are frozen, you’ll need to add some water to help the smoothie blend.
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender; watermelon, chia seeds, honey, yogurt, lime juice, strawberry and blend until smooth and creamy
- Add more water if the smoothie is so thick.
- If you’d like the smoothie sweeter, taste and add additional honey.
Your watermelon smoothie is ready now. Pour into glasses and enjoy!
- You can use fresh watermelon instead of frozen but the texture will not be as thick and creamy.
- You can use any other fruit like banana or any tropical fruit but I will prefer strawberry only. The more frozen fruit you add, the thicker the smoothie will be.
- You can skip honey if you want, I am using it for a little sweetness.
- I prefer vanilla yogurt for the necessary flavor and sweetness, you can use plain yogurt instead of vanilla.
- The addition of chia seeds and lime juice is optional.