Ever tried veg (vegetables) noodles? Here we will show you how to make vegetable noodles at home. This super delicious vegetable noodles recipe is made with fresh vegetables, perfect for your weeknight meal! Ready in just 30 minutes.
Before we move to the steps, let me tell you the tools/equipment and ingredients you will use.
2 tbsp. cooking oil
1 and ½ tbsp. chopped garlic
2 sliced green chilies
1 sliced onion (medium sized)
½ cup carrots (peel the carrot and cut into thin strips)
1 or 2 medium size capsicum (cut into length wise strips)
Half or 1 cup cabbage (take off one layer of cabbage, cut the base and cut them into pieces)
½ tbsp. sugar
½ tsp white pepper powder
1 tsp (or to taste) black pepper powder
½ tsp (or to taste) salt
1 tbsp. hot and soy sauce
1 tsp vinegar
1-2 tbsp chopped green onion leaves
1 tbsp chicken powder
Make sure you have the following equipment before you start making the veg noodles.
- Kitchen knife
- Chopping board
- Measuring spoons
- Peeler (vegetable scraper)
- Non-stick pot
- Garlic crusher
- Take a pot and add 4-5 cups water in it to boil, add salt and noodles and boil for 5-7 minutes. Avoid overcooking otherwise they will turn mushy (you can also boil noodles as per pack’s instructions).
- Strain the noodles and rinse with water, pour few drops of oil to avoid it from sticking to each other.
- Set a pot on medium heat; add cooking oil, garlic and green chilies. Mix well and cook for a minute.
- Add onion and fry until translucent. Next add all the veggies and sugar, mix well and stir fry for 1-2 minutes (don’t overcook if you want veggies to be crunchy).
- Add boiled noodles, white and black pepper powder, chicken powder, hot and soy sauce and vinegar. Add salt with caution if you have used it already while boiling.
- Mix until well combined for 1-2 minutes. Add green onion leaves and mix well.
Your veg noodles are ready to be served. This vegetable noodles recipe tastes great; just use the right amount of oil and salt. Garnish with green onion leaves and serve hot!