Have you ever tasted the vanilla custard? If no, then must try this delicious vanilla custard recipe. Vanilla custard is a yummy dessert made with milk, custard powder, fruit cake, and seasonal fruits. Perfect for parties and a great summer treat to guests!
What is custard?
Custard is a sweet creamy sauce or dessert, made with a mixture of egg and milk or milk and flavoring powder. There are so many ways for making custard but I have used the easy one for this post by bringing the custard powder from the store.
I have brought the vanilla flavor for my recipe but you can also use another flavor like banana, mango, strawberry, etc.
Before moving to the recipe, let me tell you the tools/equipment and ingredients that you will use for making vanilla custard.
- 1-liter milk
- 6-7 tbsp. sugar (you can add less or more according to your taste)
- 4 tbsp. custard powder
- Fruits (chopped into bite-size pieces)
- Heavy Bottom Pan
- Kitchen Knife
- Chopping board
- Measuring Spoons
Steps to Make Vanilla Custard Recipe
- Pour 1-liter milk in the heavy bottom pan and add 6-7 tbsp. sugar to it. Heat it on the medium flame. Stir and dissolve the sugar well.
- Pour ½ cup milk into a small bowl and add 4 tbsp. vanilla powder and mix well (don’t use very hot milk). The mixture has to be smooth with lumps.
- When the milk is about to boil, regulate the flame to low and add the custard milk to it. Add gradually while mixing (you can use a spatula to mix it, it avoids lumps). You may taste and add more sugar.
- Regulate the flame to medium and stir it well as it continues to boil. Within few minutes, the mixture turns thick. Turn off the stove.
- Cover it immediately and keep it aside. Let it cools down.
- Rinse the fruits well and chop them to bite-sized pieces. Add them to a serving bowl. Pour the custard over the fruits.
Your vanilla custard recipe is ready now. Garnish vanilla custard with any fruit, serve it to friends, family, or guests and enjoy!