In this post, I will tell you the recipe for strawberry salad. This strawberry salad is super simple, delightful, and wonderfully refreshing for a family gathering. This delicious salad is made with frozen strawberries, food cake, gelatin, and whipped topping. This salad is perfect for summertime. Must try this recipe once, make it the way we do and you will love it!
Before we move to the steps, let me tell you the ingredients and equipment you will use.
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package angel food cake mix
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 (6 ounces) package strawberry flavored gelatin
- (16 ounces) package frozen strawberries
- 1 cup water
- 1 (12 ounces) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
Make sure that you have the following equipment before you start making strawberry salad:
- Mixing Bowls
- Measuring Cups
Steps to make Strawberry Salad:
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together flavored gelatin with boiling water and stir until dissolved.
- Stir in cold water and frozen strawberries.
- Chill until slightly thickened to the consistency of egg whites. If adding lots of frozen strawberries, it may reach this stage while stirring.
- Cut cake into cubes, or just rip it into bite-size chunks and trim off the dark brown edges.
- Gently fold in frozen whipped topping and cake into the strawberry mixture. Chill until set.
- Decorate the top with any extra topping and strawberries.
Your delicious strawberry salad is ready now. Serve immediately and enjoy!
You may also like:
Recipe of Strawberry Butter
Recipe of Strawberry Soup