Have you ever tried making potato croquettes? If no, then must try this potato croquettes recipe. This recipe for these croquettes is tasty and satisfying, perfect for your evening snacks. Must try it once, serves others with sauce or ketchup and everyone will surely love it!
Before we move to the steps, let me tell you the ingredients & equipment you will use.
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Small Onion (chopped)
- 2-3 Cups Boiled Potatoes (mashed)
- 3 Tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- ½ or 1 Cup Milk
- ½ Tablespoon Red chili Flakes
- 1 & ½ Teaspoon Black Pepper (crushed)
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Coriander (chopped)
- ½ Cup Mozzarella Cheese (grated)
- 1 cup sifted All-purpose Flour or as required
- 2-3 Eggs
- Bread Crumbs as required
- Oil for frying
Make sure you have the following equipment before you start making potato croquettes:
- Kitchen Knife
- Non-stick Cooking Pans
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoons/Cups
Steps to make Potato Croquettes
- In a pan, add butter and heat on a medium flame. Add chopped onion and fry until light brown.
- Then add red chili flakes, salt, and mix well.
- Next, add all-purpose flour and mix well & cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add milk and stir it.
- Then add boiled and mashed potatoes and give it a good mix.
- Next, add black pepper, fresh coriander, mozzarella cheese, and mix well for 1-2 minutes or until dries up & let it cool down.
- Grease your hands with oil, take a mixture, and make croquettes of equal sizes (makes 10-12) & freeze for 15-30 minutes.
- In a bowl, add eggs and whisk well.
- Add all-purpose flour and bread crumbs in separate bowls.
- Now coat croquettes in all-purpose flour then dip into whisked eggs and coat in bread crumbs.
- Add oil to a pan, heat it and fry croquettes on medium flame until golden brown.
Now your delicious potato croquettes are ready. Serve them to guests or family members with sauce and ketchup & enjoy!
Recipe of Chicken Croquettes