Are you looking for an easy oatmeal cake recipe? Here, I will tell you a quick recipe for this cake. This oatmeal cake is quite fast and easy to prepare. Must try this recipe once, make it the way we do and you will love it!
Before we move to the steps, let me tell you the ingredients and equipment you will use.
- 1 & ½ cups boiling water
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup stick margarine (softened)
- ¾ cups sugar
- ¾ cups packed brown sugar
- 1 & ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Make sure you have the following equipment before you start making an oatmeal cake:
- Mixing Bowls
- Baking Pan
- Baking Oven
- Measuring Spoons/Cups
Steps to make Oatmeal Cake:
- In a bowl, combine the water and oats. Sprinkle with chocolate chips (do not stir); let stand for 20 minutes.
- Add margarine & sugars to a mixing bowl and mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in oat mixture.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt; add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Your delicious oatmeal cake is ready now. Serve it & enjoy!
(You can also drizzle chocolate glaze over cake for a more yummy taste). Check the recipe for the chocolate glaze.