Have you ever tried making keema rice? If no, then must try this lamb keema recipe. This quick and easy keema rice recipe is super tasty and perfect for your weak night meal. Must try this once and everyone is going to love it!
Before we move to the steps, let me tell you the tools/equipment and ingredients you will use.
- 1 Kg Rice (washed & soaked for 30-40 minutes)
- 1 kg Minced Lamb/Mutton (Keema)
- 2 Medium Onions (sliced)
- 2 Tablespoon Ginger-garlic paste
- 3-4 Green Chilies (chopped)
- 1 Medium Sliced Tomato (optional)
- 1 Cup Oil
- 5-6 Teaspoon Salt or to taste
- 2 & ½ Teaspoon Red Chili Powder
- 1-2 Teaspoon Red Chili Flakes
- ½ Tablespoon Biryani Masala Powder (optional)
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 3-4 Cloves
- 6-7 Black Peppercorns
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 9-10 Cups Water or as required
Make sure you have the following equipment before you start making the keema rice:
- Large Cooking Pot
- Measuring Spoons/Cups
- Kitchen Knife
- Chopping Board
- Garlic Crusher
Steps to make Keema Rice:
- In a pot, add oil and heat on a medium flame. Add the sliced onion to the oil and fry on a medium or high flame until the onion turns brown.
- Then, add a little water, ginger-garlic paste, sliced tomato, chopped green chilies, and mix well.
- Next, add salt, red chili flakes, red chili powder, and mix well.
- Then add minced lamb/mutton (keema), biryani masala powder (optional), and cook until it changes its color.
- Next add 9-10 cups water or as required, cumin seeds, cloves, black peppercorns, cinnamon sticks, and cover & cook on a high flame until the water boils.
- Add soaked rice in it, mix well and cook on a high flame until the water reduces.
- After water reduces, cover & steam for 15-20 minutes on a low flame.
Your delicious keema rice is ready now. Garnish it with fried onion, tomato, cucumber, and lemon (the garnishing part is optional). Serve it to others with yogurt raita and salad & enjoy!