Have you ever tried making hot milk cake? If no, then must try this delicious milk cake recipe. Serve this fluffy, yummy cake to everyone with tea and they will love it!
Before we move to the steps, let me tell you the ingredients and equipment you will use.
For Milk Cake:
- ½ cup milk
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
Make sure you have the following equipment before you start making hot milk cake:
- Iron Skillet
- Baking Oven
- Measuring Spoons/Cups
Steps to make Hot Milk Cake
- Scald milk; set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs until thick and lemon-colored. Gradually add sugar, blending well.
- At low speed, alternately mix in milk, dry ingredients, and vanilla.
- Pour batter into a greased 10-in. cast-iron skillet. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until the cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Remove cake and preheat broiler. Combine all topping ingredients and sprinkle over cake.
- Broil 5 inches from the heat until topping bubbles and turns golden brown.
You may also like: