Are you looking for an easy and spicy egg noodles recipe? Here I will show you how to make egg noodles at home. This super delicious egg noodles recipe is perfect for your weeknight meal! Ready in just 30-35 minutes.
Before moving to the steps, let me tell you the tools/equipment and ingredients you will use for making egg noodles.
- 3 tbsp. cooking oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 and ½ tbsp. chopped garlic
- 1 sliced onion (medium-sized) white part only
- ½ cup carrots (peel the carrot and cut into thin strips)
- 1 or 2 medium size capsicum (cut into lengthwise strips)
- Half or 1 cup cabbage (take off one layer of cabbage, cut the base, and cut them into pieces)
- 250g noodles
- ½ tsp (or to taste) red chili powder
- 1 tsp (or to taste) black pepper powder
- ½ tsp (or to taste) salt
- 1 tbsp. hot and soy sauce
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1-2 tbsp. chopped green onion leaves
- 1 tbsp. chicken powder
- Kitchen knife
- Chopping board
- Measuring spoons
- Peeler (vegetable scraper)
- Non-stick pot
- Garlic crusher
Steps to make Egg Noodles:
- Take a pot and add 4-5 cups water in it to boil, add salt and noodles and boil for 5-7 minutes. Avoid overcooking otherwise they will turn mushy (you can also boil noodles as per the pack’s instructions).
- Strain the noodles and rinse with water, pour few drops of oil to avoid them from sticking to each other.
- Set a pot on medium heat; add 1 tbsp. cooking oil and eggs. Mix well and add a pinch of salt and black pepper and cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove it to a plate.
- Take a pot again, add 2 tbsp. oil, onion (white part only), and garlic and fry until translucent. Next, add all the veggies, mix well and stir fry for 2 minutes (don’t overcook if you want veggies to be crunchy).
- Add boiled noodles, black pepper powder, red chili powder, chicken powder, sauces, and vinegar. Add salt with caution if you have used it already while boiling.
- Mix until well combined for 1-2 minutes. Add green onion leaves and mix well.
- Now add the eggs (which you have fried already) and give them a good mix
Your egg noodles are ready to be served. This egg noodles recipe taste great; just use the right amount of oil and salt. Serve hot and enjoy!