Are you looking for an easy coffee cake recipe? Here, I will tell you a delicious recipe for this cake. This coffee cake is quite fast and easy to prepare. Must try this recipe once, make it the way we do and you will love it!
Before we move to the steps, let me tell you the ingredients and equipment you will use.
For Plain Cake:
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3-4 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 teaspoons coffee
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup cream
For Cake icing:
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 5 teaspoons instant coffee
Make sure you have the following equipment before you start making a coffee cake:
- Mixing Bowls
- Baking Pan
- Baking Oven
- Measuring Spoons/Cups
Steps to make Coffee Cake
To Prepare Plain Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9-inch round pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together the sugar and butter. Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt, stir into the creamed mixture.
- Finally, stir in the water, vanilla extract, coffee, and cream.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then invert onto a wire rack to cool completely.
To Prepare Cake Icing:
- Take a large bowl and add butter and beat it well.
- Take another bowl; add milk and coffee and mix it well. Add coffee mixture to the butter and add icing sugar and mix it well and beat it well for 3 minutes. Your Cake icing is ready.
- Top sponge cake with this icing and cover it with this (you can also sprinkle chocolate chips or grated chocolate for more taste).
Your delicious coffee cake is ready now. Serve it & enjoy!
You may also like:
Recipe of Bisquick Coffee Cake