Are you looking for an easy chocolate sponge cake recipe? Here, I will tell you a quick recipe for this cake. This chocolate sponge cake is quite fast and easy to prepare. Must try this recipe once and you will love it!
Before we move to the steps, let me tell you the ingredients and equipment you will use.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 5 eggs (room temperature)
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon oil or unsalted butter (melted)
Make sure you have the following equipment before you start making chocolate sponge cake:
- 8 inch round Cake Pan
- Baking Oven
- Electric Mixer
- Measuring Spoons/Cups
- Butter paper or Parchment paper
Steps to make Chocolate Sponge Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F with the rack in the center of the oven.
- In a bowl, place sifter and add all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder, salt, sift together, and mix well. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add eggs, sugar & beat with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- During mixing, add vanilla essence and beat again.
- Next, add oil or melted butter and mix until well incorporated. Gradually add dry ingredients and gently fold with the help of the spatula.
- Grease 8 x 2 inch round cake pan with oil or butter, place butter paper and again grease it with oil or butter.
- Now pour the prepared batter into the greased baking pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- After baking, remove it from the oven, set it aside for 5 minutes.
- Then, remove it from the pan, remove butter paper and let it cool completely.
Your tasty and fluffy chocolate sponge cake is ready now. Split it into two layers and serve it to other family members also. Enjoy!
(You can also spread chocolate glaze on the top of the cake if you want. Check the recipe for the chocolate glaze).