Are you looking for an easy & perfect chocolate glaze recipe? Here, I will show you 2 different recipes. Prepare any one of them to pour over cakes, cupcakes, brownies or donuts, etc.
Before we move to the steps, let me tell you the ingredients & equipment/tools you will use.
Recipe of Chocolate Glaze I
- 8 (1 ounce) squares bittersweet chocolate (chopped)
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- Double Boiler
- Measuring Cup/Spoon
Steps to make Chocolate Glaze:
- Place the chocolate and butter on the top of a double boiler.
- Add corn syrup and set over a pan of simmering water.
- Stir occasionally until melted and smooth.
Pour glaze while still warm over cakes. Enjoy!
- You can use 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips instead of squares of chocolate.
- Then, use 2 tablespoons of butter instead of 1/2 cup butter.
- You can melt the chocolate in the microwave, and then blend in the other ingredients.
Recipe of Chocolate Glaze II
- 2 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon butter (softened)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons hot milk
- In a small bowl, combine butter with sugar and cocoa.
- Add vanilla & mix well. Add milk gradually until smooth.
Drizzle over cake!