Have you ever tried making chicken korma? if no, then no worries. Here, I will show you an easy and perfect chicken korma recipe for your lunch or dinner meal.
You can make chicken korma in many ways but I have used a simple but delicious finger-licking korma recipe.
Before we move to the recipe, let me tell you the tools/equipment and ingredients you will use.
- 1kg Chicken
- 1 or ½ cup oil
- 2 pcs onion (sliced)
- 1 cup Yogurt
- 1tbsp. ginger paste
- 2 tsp salt (you can add less or more according to your taste)
- 1tbsp garlic paste
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp. garam masala (it’s a hot spice mixture of cumin seed, cloves, cinnamon sticks and black pepper)
- 2-3 green chilies
- 2 tbsp. korma masala
- Large bowl
- Kitchen Knife
- Chopping board
- A large non-stick pan
- Measuring spoons
- Grater (for ginger grating)
- Garlic crusher
- Grinder or blended jar
Steps to make Chicken Korma:
- Put chicken in a large bowl and add the following ingredients:
2 tsp. red chili powder
1tbsp. ginger and garlic paste
Mix them well and marinate the chicken for half or 1 hour.
- Take a non-stick pan, add 1 or ½ cup oil, and heat on medium flame. Add the sliced onion in the oil. Fry onions on medium or high flame until golden brown. Turn off the stove and cool them completely.
- Then, remove the onions to the plate and add the marinated chicken green chilies in the oil. Mix well and cook for 5-7 minutes on medium flame until the raw smell of ginger garlic paste goes away.
- Add 1 cup yogurt and 2 tbsp. korma masala in the chicken. Mix them well on medium flame (you can also add 10-12 grounded almonds along with yogurt if you want. It’s optional).
- Now add the fried onions to the grinder or blender jar and pour half a cup of water in it. Make a smooth paste.
- Add the onion paste in the chicken. Mix them well on low flame.
- Add garam masala (you can make by grinding ½ tsp. cumin seeds, 2 cloves, 1 cinnamon stick and 4 pcs black pepper) and 1 and ½ cups water. (You can add less or more water as per your requirements).
- Mix well and cover and cook on low heat for 10 to 12 minutes until the chicken is soft cooked.
- After 10-12 minutes, check the taste and add salt if needed.
Your chicken korma is ready now. Sprinkle some coriander leaves at the end. This chicken korma recipe tastes great. Serve the korma with naan and enjoy!