Chicken katsu is the crispy chicken cutlet you can easily make at home. No need to dine out when you can make it in minutes. It is a Japanese-style crispy fried boneless chicken. Serve this crunchy katsu chicken to family members with sauce and everyone will love it!
Before we move to the steps, let me tell you the ingredients and equipment you will use.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts (or 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs)
- 1 Tablespoon salt or to taste
- 1 & ½ Teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 3 cups panko bread crumbs (known as Japanese bread crumbs)
- Cooking oil as required
Make sure you have the following equipment before you start making chicken katsu:
- Large Pan or Skillet
- Measuring Spoons/Cups
Steps to make Chicken Katsu:
- In a bowl, add chicken breasts, salt, black pepper, and lime juice, and marinate chicken for 10-15 minutes.
- Add all-purpose flour, eggs, and panko bread crumbs in 3 separate bowls.
- Take marinated chicken breast, coat in flour, and dust out the extra flour.
- Now, dip the chicken breast in the eggs and then press into the panko bread crumbs until well coated on both sides.
- Repeat the process for all chicken breasts.
- Take a pan or skillet and heat oil. Place the chicken breasts in the hot oil and shallow fry until they are golden brown.
Your crispy, crunchy chicken katsu is ready now. Serve it hot to others with sauce or rice and enjoy!
Still, if you need any help; feel free to contact us.