Have you ever tried to make chicken jalfrezi at home? If no, then must try this easy and tasty recipe of jalfrezi. This chicken jalfrezi has a fantastic flavor, not the ‘bazaari’ taste of packet masalas. Perfect for your weeknight chicken recipe! Serve it to family or friends with rice and they are gonna love it.
Before we move to the steps, let me tell you the tools/equipment and ingredients you will use.
- ½ kg Boneless Chicken (Julienne)
- 5 Tablespoon (tbsp.) Oil
- 1 Capsicum (Julienne)
- 1 Onion (Julienne)
- 2 Teaspoon (tsp.) Ginger-garlic Paste
- 1 tsp. Red Chili Powder
- ½ tsp. Turmeric Powder
- ½ tsp. Crushed Black Pepper
- ½ tsp. Coriander Powder
- 4 tbsp. Tomato Ketchup
- 2 tbsp. Tomato Paste
- 1 tbsp. Soy Sauce
- ½ tsp. Whole Spice Powder
- ½ tsp. Cumin Powder
- ½ tsp. Salt or to Taste
- 1 Tomato (Deseeded & Julienne)
- 2 Eggs with Salt & Pepper
Make sure you have the following equipment before you start making the chicken jalfrezi:
- Non-stick Pot
- Kitchen Knife
- Measuring Spoons
- Grater (for ginger grating)
- Garlic Crusher
Steps to Make Chicken Jalfrezi:
- In a pot, add 4 tbsp. oil and onion and sauté it until translucent over medium flame.
- Add capsicum and sauté it for 1-2 minutes.
- Next, add ginger-garlic paste and boneless chicken, sauté until it changes its color.
- Then, add red chili powder, turmeric powder, crushed black pepper, coriander powder, and give it a good mix.
- Then add tomato ketchup, tomato paste, and soy sauce and mix well.
- After this, add the whole spice powder, cumin powder, salt, deseeded tomato, and give it a good mix. Turn off the stove.
- Now take a frying pan, add 1 tablespoon oil and pour the whisk eggs. Make omelet.
- Add omelet to the jalfrezi and mix it.
Now your tasty and delicious chicken jalfrezi is ready. Serve it with the boiled or fried rice and enjoy!