Have you ever tried making chicken croquettes? If no, then must try this chicken croquettes recipe. This recipe for these croquettes is tasty and satisfying. Must try it once, serves others with sauce or ketchup and everyone will surely love it!
Before we move to the steps, let me tell you the ingredients & equipment you will use.
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Medium Onion (chopped)
- 2 Cups Chicken (boiled and shredded)
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2-3 Tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice (optional)
- ½ or 1 Cup Milk
- ½ Tablespoon Red chili Flakes
- 1 & ½ Teaspoon Black Pepper (crushed)
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Coriander (chopped)
- ½ Cup Mozzarella Cheese (grated)
- 1 cup sifted All-purpose Flour or as required
- 2-3 Eggs
- Bread Crumbs as required
- Oil for frying
Make sure you have the following equipment before you start making chicken croquettes:
- Kitchen Knife
- Non-stick Cooking Pans
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoons/Cups
Steps to make Chicken Croquettes
- In a pan, add butter and heat on a medium flame. Add chopped onion and fry until light brown.
- Then add red chili flakes, salt, garlic powder and mix well.
- Next, add all-purpose flour and mix well & cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add milk and stir it.
- Then add boiled and shredded chicken and give it a good mix.
- Next, add lemon juice, black pepper, fresh coriander, mozzarella cheese, and mix well for 1-2 minutes or until dries up & let it cool down.
- Grease your hands with oil, take a mixture, and make croquettes of equal sizes (makes 12 -15) & freeze for 15-30 minutes.
- In a bowl, add eggs and whisk well.
- Add all-purpose flour and bread crumbs in separate bowls.
- Now coat croquettes in all-purpose flour then dip into whisked eggs and coat in bread crumbs.
- Add oil to a pan, heat it and fry croquettes on medium flame until golden brown.
(It can be frozen for up to 1 month).
Now your delicious chicken croquettes are ready. Serve them to guests or family members with sauce and ketchup & enjoy!