Are you looking for an easy cassata cake recipe? Here, I will tell you a delicious recipe for cassata cake. This cassata cake is quite fast and easy to prepare. Must try this recipe once, make it the way we do and you will love it!
Before we move to the steps, let me tell you the ingredients and equipment you will use.
For Cassata Cake:
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 & ½ cups white sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cream
For Ricotta Cheese:
- 2 pounds whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 & ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 (1 ounce) squares of semi-sweet chocolate
Make sure you have the following equipment before you start making cassata cake:
- Mixing Bowls
- Baking Pan
- Baking Oven
- Parchment Paper
- Measuring Spoons/Cups
Steps to make Cassata Cake
To Prepare Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and line with parchment paper 2 nine-inch round layer pans.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt together.
- Separate the eggs and set the egg whites aside. Beat the egg yolks together at medium-high speed until very thick, about 4 minutes.
- Gradually add the cold water. Add 1- 1/4 cups of the white sugar, slowly, and beat well for about 3 more minutes.
- Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Sift the flour mixture over the egg yolk mixture and fold in.
- Beat the egg whites and cream together until stiff peaks form. Fold this into the yolk mixture.
- Divide batter between the pans.
- Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 25 minutes. Cool on a rack for 10 minutes and then invert and cool completely.
To Prepare Ricotta Cheese Filling:
- Beat the ricotta cheese well and add the confectioner’s sugar. Add 1-1/2 teaspoons of the vanilla and grate 2 ounces of the chocolate in using the coarse side of a grater. Chill until ready to use.
- Cut each cake layer in half. Place one of the 4 halves on a cake board or plate.
- Spread about 1-1/2 cups of the filling over this layer. Add a second layer of cake and repeat this procedure. Top the cake with the last layer of cake. Chill for at least 4 hours.
- Spread Chocolate Glaze over top of the cake.
Check the recipe for the chocolate glaze.
Your delicious cassata cake is ready now. Serve it & enjoy!