Have you ever tried making carrot soufflé at home? If no, then no worries. In this post, I will tell you the mouth-watering recipe of carrot soufflé. This delicious carrot soufflé is made with carrots, butter or margarine, sugar, and eggs. A light and fluffy side dish option that can be served as a dessert or you can also have it for brunch. Must try this recipe once, make it the way we do and you will love it!
Before we move to the steps, let me tell you the ingredients and equipment you will use.
- 2 pounds carrots (coarsely chopped)
- 1 cup butter or margarine (melted)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 & ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1-2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups granulated sugar
Make sure that you have the following equipment before you start making carrot soufflé:
- Large Pot
- Food Processor
- Baking Oven
- Baking Dish
- Measuring Spoons/Cups
Steps to make Carrot Soufflé:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 2-quart baking dish.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add carrots and cook for 18 to 20 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Drain the carrots and put them in the food processor. Add butter, vanilla extract, and eggs; process until smooth.
- Add all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in the carrot mixture to the food processor and blend until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared dish and bake for 40-45 minutes or until set (you can also decorate it with powdered sugar if desired).
Your delicious carrot soufflé is ready now. Serve it to others in the brunch or as a dessert & enjoy!
Still, if you need any help; feel free to contact us.